Sunday, February 9, 2014

First Friday...

This week at the Monte Dolack Gallery there was a lot to do. First, I had to finish my project of measuring Dolack's prints and poster collection. I was finishing up the posters and discovered a lot of early work that seemed very different than his current work. His early work focuses more on figures. I saw a lot of movie posters and different promotion posters.


After I was finished, I moved on to focus on preparing for first friday. My supervisor had already laid out the work that was going to be shown, so it was my first job to put the work that was currently hung down and back into the vault. This was a fairly easy task, and I was able to also learn the galleries method of putting art work away. It was a simple system which matched letters with different slots where the artwork is kept, so when a person wants to find a piece it is easy to find. After, I had the opportunity to hang part of the show with one of the framers. This was fun, I learned more about the ideal spot to hang a piece and the measurements and math involved. Finally, it was first friday and I had the exciting job of acting as the galleries bartender. I poured white wine to the folks 21 and over. There was a good turnout and it seemed that people were excited to see a lot of Monte and Mary Beth's original work.


No comments:

Post a Comment